Thursday, June 11, 2015

MOKF: Day 11

Well, today was the first unqualified failure... falling off the wagon... name your cliche.

I could pretend it didn't happen.  I could blog something else, and the world would never know.  But why?  I hate the "keeping up appearances" game.  I'd rather wear my failures on my sleeve and move on.

Now for the story.

Yesterday I took a good section of the day for scything down weeds outside.  No big problem there.  It was a conscious decision, so I don't qualify that as a failure.

In retrospect, however, I should have taken it in smaller bites for the fact that it hasn't been even two weeks yet, and I'm nowhere near "in shape".   I mean, I'm doing fine for a cubicle jockey, but all morning swinging a large hand tool?  Unwise.

Then came an even bigger problem.  Not only did I not wear a hat, but afterward made a (scheduled) errand run into town... with the sunroof open!

Didn't think too much of that at the time.  Who does?  But the next morning, slept in late (5:AM!  What a lazy bum! ;) ) and woke up with an aching back, a bruised thigh**, and a full head sunburn all competing for who could shout the loudest.

** Where slipped I whacked it with the scythe handle.

I did get a few little things done and a little writing knocked out on book 2.  Mostly spent my time in bed being miserable and kicking myself.

Well, you live, you learn.

Probably you learn.

Sometimes.

I hope.


Live YOUR adventure!
-E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.