Saturday, August 22, 2015

Since last I blogged, I got some more done on the kids' book.

I was originally planning on doing full page spreads for each page, but due to a certain amount of over-zealousness on my part, I didn't leave enough room for the text.  To be fair though my poetry editor was as over-the-top with words as I was with art.

To quote the old Western cliche', "Aint room enough in this town for the both of us."

So what finally broke was DW's idea to make like a digital scrapbooking look.  We tracked down some great CU swirly fabric prints and ribbons and things.  Then we slapped the text on a parchment scrap and pinned on the artwork like a separate photo on the page.

I think it looks great.  It helps to give the different pages a unified look and makes it seem more... like a story book, I guess.

Again, I wish I could show what I'm taking about.  Words alone just don't do it justice.

But I'm pretty sure that it's the look we're going to stick with, so you'll finally get to see what I mean when I push the big red button and start printing the thing.

Random topic change...

On a more personal note, I don't know exactly what's up but I've just been cranky lately.  Bad cranky.  Like letting every little thing get to me and chewing people's heads off for no reason, cranky.

On the positive side, it's a good thing I'm not commuting to work, at least.  Because I'd probably be all road ragey and running semis off the road and stuff.

Still, kidding aside, it's something I REALLY need to get a handle on before my family disowns me, so please pray for me if you get a chance.

Much appreciated!


Live YOUR adventure!
-E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.