Monday, August 10, 2015

The Great Firefox Apostasy

I was trying to install Scribus to do the book layout and the installer wouldn't work.  Something about an NSIS error.  Which, after googling, is very vague and could be cause by any number of things.  None of the many other suggestions worked so I went ahead and did a (shudder) Windows update.






Cue Jaws rif.

So, it updated, rebooted the computer, and promptly lost all memory of my (50 or 60) open browser tabs. 

Now cue Wilhelm scream.

Guess I should have actually saved some bookmarks instead of keeping all that junk open for months on end.

I'm never going to do that again!

Well, at least for a few months until the pain wears off.  Then I'll get sloppy, start leaving things open, and wind up losing it all again six months after that.

It's like a cycle of apostasy thing with me.

But, hey!  The good news is that the cold is finally starting to loosen its strangle hold on the family.  Some of us even got to go to a BBQ on Saturday!

There's a lot on roadmap this week.  Trying to make up for lost time.
I didn't even do a full schedule today and my bones are aching -- lemme tell ya!  Good to get back moving again though.  We'll get this thing licked, right guys?

Right.

A little more traction and I might even have something to show you.  That'd be big, huh?

Oh well.


Live YOUR adventure!
-E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.