Monday, September 28, 2015

Back in the Saddle Again

My day today could best be described like a WorldWar dogfight.
Particularly the part where the plane goes nnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr KAFOOM!
Crash and burn! 

In my daily planning, I tend to follow the school of thought that says, "List the 2-3 most important things I need to accomplish today.  If you get those, everything else is gravy."

Today I accomplished only one.  The rest:  Despite hours of effort, are still right where they left off before I started.  Can you say frustration?

But it's okay though, because you know what?  I just remembered a verse I read from Proverbs this week.  "Though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again!"

Yeah, that helps I think.

Also it kind of feeds back into my "Live your adventure" motto.  You know, like in plot arcs and that, where the hero just gets knocked down time after time, and then eventually it looks like they'll win... and BAM!  Worst smack-down yet!

But does he stay down on the mat?  All the crowd is yelling at him, "Stay down!  Just stay down!".  The boxing... ref... guy (whatever he's called) is counting down "4... 3.... 2..."

The righteous man falls seven times (and seven is the Biblical number for perfection, so... a COMPLETE defeat).

But does he stay down?  Nobody would blame him.  NO!  He rises again!

This is one of those blog posts where I don't know if anybody is going to read it -- or care.  But as for myself, through the process of writing it I know I went from defeated and peeved to, "Yeah!  Let's do this thing!"

I hope you did too.  Time to dust ourself off, get right back up on that hobby horse, and...


Live YOUR adventure!
--E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.