Thursday, October 29, 2015

Because "easy" STINKS!

First an update on the book.

This past week I got some EXCELLENT feedback from one of my reviewers.  All of the points he made, my response was, "Huh.  I never thought about that.", which is definitely what I needed.

A lot of what he said amounts to doing another reading pass, emphasizing some things, toning down others.  A few things though will require all new (sometimes replacement) material.  It's this that I have been focusing on.

I have an optional epilogue now that ties a loose end from the first book back to the villianess from the second.  It reads well, but could be a little bit of a stretch though.  I'm sleeping on it to see if I like the idea enough to pursue.

Worse still, there is a huge section in the middle where my protagonist changes personalities... and depends on it!  That's going to be a nasty rewrite.  And I have no idea how to play it differently.  We'll see what shakes out, I guess. :)

Meanwhile, I'm working my rear off trying to get the homestead ready for winter -- which appears to be coming early this year.  Wouldn't be surprised to find snow outside tomorrow, in fact!

I've got a deck and some windows that need repairs ASAP, as well as getting some greenhouses built and the rest covered.  Eeek!

Well, I guess if I wanted things easy I should have stayed in suburbia and kept that nice climate-controlled cubicle downtown.

Easy stinks.


Live YOUR adventure!
-E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.