Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tired Knees and New Beginnings

Currently struggling with a bout of... something.  I dunno what it is.  I'm just tired all the time.  My body is just breaking down on me.

I don't know exactly what it is.  The flu?  Depression?  Some chronic thing?  Ebola virus?  I don't know.  One of the kids' Bible teachers has almost even convinced me it's "Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome"... whatever that is.

Personally, I think my birthday coming up in a couple weeks has something to do with it.  I never knew aging would be so jerky.  By that, I mean the way most years just come and go, but every once in awhile you hit one of those milestones where it's like WHAMO!  Your warranty has just expired!
(If you know what I mean.)

But enough old-people talk.

Back to the story.  I finally got DW to read something by Clive Cussler - the secular model similar to which my current series is based.  His keystone series, Dirk Pitt, contains far too many sex scenes to even have in the house, but his Fargo adventures (though sometimes rather anti-Christian in worldview and  theme), are a lot cleaner due to the fact that it's a husband and wife team.

It was horribly difficult to get her let go of the household for a change and to relax with a fiction story, but I convinced her that it was "research", which did the trick. >:)

As far as that went, she did come back with a few new thoughts for my books that, I think, will make them better.

Oh yeah!  Random topic change!  Some interesting news happened over Thanksgiving.  Not sure what it means just yet, if anything, but what went down was that kind of uncanny chain-reaction of events that just smells like Providence to me.  We'll see.  If it amounts to all that it *could* amount to, then it's one of those anecdotes you'll hear me reciting on every single stage you hear me on!  (Yes, that kind of chain-reaction!)

All in all, life is good.  No, scratch that.  God is good.   This other stuff going on... think I maybe just need to take a step back and get a handle on a few things:  Rein in a few things that have gotten out of hand. --  Get back exercising and moving. --  That sort of thing.

Then after that, hey, who knows what twist this story of life will take next? ;)


Live YOUR adventure!
-E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.