Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Lost Skis and New Years Resolutions

I confess I haven't been writing much lately.

The last little bit has been about trying to get things caught up and cleaned up around the house.  For instance, the washing machine valves are rebuilt and doesn't leak.  Also, the back path is chiseled out, and so you can get to the door without risking life and limb.

Yesterday, I also did drag the old dog sled I made out from the back barn.  That way when I go out for groceries we can "mush" them up the hill.  (Rear wheel drive van has no chance of making it up anymore.)

The only problem with that last thing is that a couple years ago when we were playing with it last, I got some old used snow skis to go on the bottom.  And, do you think I can find them?

You know it's bad when you can lose and entire pair of skis!  Amiright?
I mean, they're rather long, so there's only a limited number of places they could hide.

The other big thing I've been working on is attempting to slay the paperwork monster.  (Though really at this point, it's barely a flesh wound.)  Homeschooling this many kids, as well as more than 15 years of programming notes, tricks, inventions, and ideas, I've got quite a pile.  I'm busy cutting down notebooks and filing assignments, and scanning and getting rid of as much as I can.

The "new years resolution" that volunteered itself is to go completely paperless (except for records).

As a visual:  Right now, as I type this, my desk makes me feel like Godzilla trying to blog update between Tokyo skyscrapers!

Though we have a lot of snow, the greatest avalanche danger is inside.

Well, that's it for now.   If you don't hear from me, send out a search party. ;)


Live YOUR adventure!
  -E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.