Thursday, November 1, 2018

Nanowrimo 2018 announcement!

Yes folks, it's that time of year again.  Time to binge write like a person half my age and end up getting wheeled off to the looney bin.  Fun times!

This year I narrowed it down to three ideas and let you, my loyal fans, decide on social media.

Well, the votes are in and the winner is...


Okay, first off I had way too much fun doctoring that image. :)

And secondly, the elf dude actually does resemble one of the characters shaking out of the story.  His name is Hadley Morrel, a power-executive who seeks to leverage the q.e. for his own financial gain.

Oh, but what is the q.e.?  You may ask.

The q.e. is the Quantum Eclipse. 

You see, it turns out that "parallel dimensions" are anything but parallel. Rather, they are constantly adrift, coming in and out of phase with one another. 

The reason why our culture has been so influenced by the the fantasy genre is because that particular dimension is nearing our own. 

Of course, Benny doesn't realize any of this until he arrives at the office one morning and holds the door for an elf with a briefcase. The fantasy world is suddenly mashed up with our own, and he grows increasingly frustrated that only he seems to know the difference between the two!

Now he has to walk that fine line between fantasy and reality, and hopefully save both from tyranny and destruction!

There are some great surprises along the way, including some guest appearances by certain persons you may know.  I'm not going to say any more than that.  You'll have to read the book.  :)-

Anyway, the first day of binge-writing went rather well, propelling me to a respectable start of 6,590 words.  NaNo says if I can keep that up I'll be done in a week.  I make no promises in that regard though. Lol!

Finally, if you are a fellow NaNoWriMo participant, you can find me / buddy me / verbally abuse me via:
https://nanowrimo.org/participants/edmund-lloyd-fletcher