Thursday, June 18, 2015

MOKF: Day 18

As one might expect, I was completely wiped today.

I guess it's not all that surprising.  I can pretty well bank on at least a third of the muscles in my body aching at any given time.

That's a good thing, right?

I think at this point I have a pretty good idea of which producer I'll be using for each distribution channels, in both ebook and print.  Audiobook still needs some research.

Speaking of audiobooks, I did a crude recording of about the first 1/4 of the story way back when I was doing the read-aloud edit pass.  Haven't listened to that though, so I'm not convinced that there's really anything useable in it.

Once the editorial team comes in with their red pens and tire irons, I'll make those changes and then begin an actual reading, I guess.

It's tempting to hire somebody to do it, but word on the street is people tend to prefer the author's readings to professional voice artists.  That tidbit was a little surprising.

I don't know.  I've just come to the point emotionally where all I want to kick this chick out of the nest and see what flies.  I know, I know.  "Patience."  "Take your time and do a good job."

I keep telling myself that.  Maybe I'll start listening someday.


Live YOUR adventure!
-E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.