Wednesday, June 3, 2015

MOKF: Day 3

Not a bad day.

Probably shouldn't have stayed up till midnight and faced the first half of it like Zombie Fred, but all in all, I think it worked out.

The schedule of doom is getting dialed in a little better and all that.

Topic change to the writing bit.  (After all, what are we doing here, right?)

The main breakthrough is that I feel like I have a better handle on what the geography of the area is like and how it fits in with the overall plotline.  Gotta admire those old timers who had to do this  without google maps!

By the way, I was being a little obtuse in my wording just now, because it's book 2.

FYI, book 2 is about 85% written, and what I'd call "story-complete".  Basically at the point where I don't need any more storyline, but mainly need to swing back and fill in the gaps, add detail for things I imagined but never described, etc.

As far as book 1 goes, I need to get on the ball tomorrow and contact a few publishers to try and come up with a marketing plan.

I pause for dramatic effect, and then reiterate:  A MARKETING PLAN!

Source code, nuts and bolts, general geekery?  That, I can do.
Figuring out a wild story and beating it into shape with gerands and past participles?  Sure, why not?
But coming up with a MARKETING PLAN?  Ummmm...

But desperation is the mother of invention. (Or however that goes.)

Anyway, what kind of dull excuse for and adventure would it be if the sailing was always smooth? ;)


Live YOUR adventure!
-E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.