Friday, July 31, 2015

"Told you so!", says Mr Tongue

I'm still alive.
Or so I'm told.

Sorry I haven't been blogging much this week.
This cold is still slowly working its way through the house like a radioactive iceberg of death.

The last few nights I've been sleeping on the floor to make way for poor, sick DW and whatever kid is sick at the moment.  I'm not sure whether this quarantine system is actually helping or merely prolonging the agony.

To add injury to insult, this evening I was eating a salad for dinner and chipped my tooth on a pebble that somehow got into the foliage.  Don't get me wrong, it didn't cause any dentist-worthy damage.  (A fact for which I am genuinely grateful!)  Just enough to cause my tongue to discover and notify me that there is something strange... about every 3 seconds since it happened.  STOP IT TONGUE!  THAT'S ANNOYING!

But it doesn't stop.

Probably out of spite.

If I had listened to Mr Tongue and had a huge plate of bacon instead of salad, we wouldn't even be having this discussion now, would we?

Random topic change!

Since I didn't update you guys yet, Tuesday's meeting went splendidly!  Better than I had imagined in all ways!!

The kid's book now has a fresh, clean re-write and a regular line pattern.  There are even a few more scenes now, which presents an all new dilemma.

I had originally intended it as a topsy-turvey book.  You know, where you read the story from front to back, flip it, and then read another story back to front.  Well, now that I have more material, I'm wondering if it would be better to do a traditional storybook, and then any other story as its own?  If at all?  Or maybe an abridged release as a topsy-turvey?  I don't know.  Decisions, decisions.

(I even went ahead and got one of the new scenes drawn since I liked it so much.)

Well, that's it for today.  Mr Tongue and I bid you a fond...


Live YOUR adventure!
-E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.