Monday, November 2, 2015

Sir Kendrick and the $35 Autozone Sensor

It's been a rough weekend.

Had a major unexpected setback in the deck project, constant rains have precluded the window repair, and on top of that we had a car break down.

I suppose I should be grateful that it isn't a total engine meltdown or some such catastrophe.  Still, I ripped down into it, replaced a $35 sensor that tested bad, and for some reason it's still throwing a check engine code.  (I don't mind computers in general, but once they wind up in cars, they're nobody's friend!)

I really don't want to deal with the other sensor, since it's ridiculously hard to get to.  Also, from the ends of the wire, it tests good.  I'm wondering if there's some reset button or something I'm missing.

But enough car talk.  (Believe me, I'd like to end the topic!  You have no idea how much!)

It's just hard some times.  Between slogging though the challenges of life, and probably getting way more news than I should, I admit I'm feeling a little discouraged.

If the Lord was a swashbuckler from a pirate movie, I'm thinking now would be a great time to swing in on a rope, whip out a cutlass, and save the day!

*sigh*  But, no.  We press wearily on.

But, hey, I finally got around to reading Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione by Chuck Black.  The allegory elements worked logically, but seemed a little interrupting and hard to bite off at times.  Overall, a really neat story, though!  More graphic than I expected.  The demonic knights were chillingly bad and tough, while the angelic knights were mysterious and cool as well.

I won't drop any spoilers, but the character Landor and his secret truly came as a shock.  It was downright delightful to read something that was so surprising, yet all the clues from the rest of the backstory fell together perfectly!

Well done Mr Black!


Live YOUR adventure!
-E.L. Fletcher

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so have fun but don't be a punk.